At the 2nd International Conference on Law Enforcement and Public Health a group of researchers held a roundtable discussion regarding the directions that research in the LEPH area can and should take. The discussion was extremely fruitful and resulted in the formation of a global network of practitioners, researchers and research institutions working in some or other aspect of the intersection of law enforcement and public health.
As this Network developed it was proposed at the 3rd conference in 2016 to convert this informal network into a membership based Global Law Enforcement and Public Health Association (GLEPHA). Original members will be invited to join as the Association's Foundation Members.
GLEPHA was legally constituted in 2017 and currently is managed by an interim Board of Directors. The Accociation's aims include fostering partnerships in research into the inter-relationship of law enforcement (especially police), public health and local government in addressing complex social issues which have both health and criminal justice impact.
Further information regarding GLEPHA can be obtained by emailing the interim President, Nick Crofts on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Institute of Police Management
- Canadian Society for Evidence Based Policing
- Centre for Law Enforcement and Public Health, Australia
- Department of Political Science and Public Administration, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
- Department of Criminal Justice, Temple University, USA
- Division of Global Public Health, University of California - San Diego, USA
- Griffith Criminology Institute & Menzies Health Institute, Australia
- Institute for Canadian Urban Research Studies, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Jane Adams College of Social Work University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- John Jay College, USA
- Justice and Legal Studies RMIT University, Australia
- Law Faculty, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Public Health Authority City of Frankfurt/Main, Germany
- Robert Gordon University, Scotland
- School of Public Leadership University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Tasmanian Institute of Law Enforcement Studies, University of Tasmania, Australia
- University of Alberta, Canada
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Worcester, UK
- Urban Futures Centre, Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment Durban University of Technology, South Africa